Thursday, June 7, 2007

Somewhere over the rainbow...

Hello all! I'm just gonna get right to the pictures today! We had a pretty good thunderstorm a few days ago and this is what the outcome was. A double rainbow! I would have never seen it if it hadn't been for my MIL who called me and asked if we knew it was there and if I had taken a picture of it yet. Isn't she sweet?! I'm super glad she called! Plus a I got a pretty neat one of the good clouds moving in as the yucky ones were moving out.

*All were taken with 18-55 mm lens






For this next set of pictures I wanted to show you how you can start with a good picture but make it even better. I took this one just earlier of my oh so photogenic daughter.

I love the way she looks in this pic but didn't like the houses in the background. So, I cropped out the houses and the next thing I did was to blur the picture by 20. You can find your blur option right by the sharpen option on your editing program. It gives it that soft, hazy feel that you sometimes get with the portraits from Sears or JCPenney.



And then I took it one step further and converted it to black and white. When you convert a soft picture to black and white it makes it even more stunning.



So, next time you have that picture that is awesome, play around with it, you might be able to make it even better!

Have a Sweet Life!

-Heidi

3 comments:

Creative Expressions by Stephanie said...

I am really enjoying your new blog! Glad to see you are enjoying your camera soooo much!

Meli Palmer said...

Gosh Heidi...you have such a talent...taking photos AND making beautiful babies! :o) Your kids are gorgeous and SO picture-worthy. Just stunning.

Rose Ann said...

Your rainbow and cloud pictures are so pretty! Wow!!

My favorite is your sweet daughter! Her expression is perfect, and she is so beautiful! Your editing is wonderful as well.

Great job!